frequently asked questions
Don't see your question below? Give us a call at (319) 622-5254 or contact us.
1)How many people can this location accommodate?
a) Our accommodations allow you and up to 250 guests.
2) What is the rental fee and what is included in that price?
a) Rental fees and pricing depend entirely on the time of year.
3) Is there a discount for booking an off-season date or Sunday through Friday?
a) Absolutely! Give us a call to find out more on our pricing.
4) How much is the deposit, when is it due, and is it refundable?
a) Initial deposit of 50% of your rental fee alongside a signed contract. The deposit is nonrefundable though can be held for a rescheduled event.
5) What’s the payment plan for the entire bill?
a) The deposit is due at time of booking and you can make payments up until 30 days before your wedding day and at which time the full amount is due.
6) Can I hold my ceremony here, too? Is there an additional charge?
a) You can have the ceremony here! Our rental fee covers the use of the upstairs and downstairs areas for you to use as you see fit.
7) Is the ceremony site close to the reception site?
a) Our on-site chapel is located just upstairs from the reception area maintaining an easy commute for you and your guests. Additionally, an outside seating area is available for rental if you so choose to have the sunshine on your vows.
8) Are there changing areas for the couple?
a) There are! We maintain several changing areas and lounges to allow the couple and bridal party to ready themselves both mentally and physically away from guests.
9) How much time is allocated for the rehearsal?
a) The rental fee includes the use of the ceremony area on the Thursday or Friday prior for however long you need to rehearse your ceremony.
10) Is the site handicap accessible?
a) Yes, both entrances to the upper and lower level are handicap accessible.
11) What’s the cancellation policy?
a) In the unfortunate event that your wedding needs to be cancelled the deposit would be nonrefundable, though you would be allowed to reschedule and your deposit would be applied for you towards the rescheduled date.
12) What’s your weather contingency plan for outdoor spaces?
a) We have an indoors chapel included with your rental so there is no need to worry about the weather in the unfortunate event of adverse conditions outside.
13) How long will I have use of the event space(s) I reserve? Is there an overtime
fee if I stay longer? Is there a minimum or maximum rental time?
a) You will have access to the space from 8:00 am the day of your wedding to 1:00 am the following morning. Staying past the 1:00am cutoff will result in a fee of $150 per partial or whole hour past the cutoff time.
14) Can I move things around and decorate to suit my purposes, or do I have to leave everything as is?
a) We can rearrange furniture and take down decorations as desired, so long as they aren’t permanent fixtures. This does need to be communicated to us in the final consultation before your wedding day.
15) Are there decoration guidelines/ restrictions?
a) No permanent decorations or modifications to the venue. We reserve the right to remove decorations that we deem to be a fire hazard or potential for damage to the property.
16) Can I use real candles?
a) You may use real candles so long as they are in a protective votive and aren’t a potential fire hazard.
17) What time can my vendors start setting up on the day of the wedding?
a) Vendors may arrive as early as you do at 8:00 am the day of your wedding.
18) Is it possible to start the setup the day before? How early can deliveries be made?
a) So long as there isn’t a conflicting event you may setup the day before your wedding, deliveries may be made the day of your wedding.
19) How much time will I have for décor setup?
a) You will have the morning of your wedding and sometimes the evening before to decorate, it depends on if there is another event or not.
20) Does the venue provide assistance getting gifts or décor back to a designated car, hotel room, etc. after the event has concluded?
a) As the evening is winding down, we will clear tables and put your decorations together so that someone can easily take it home for you.
21) Do you provide a coat check service? If not, is there an area that can be used and staffed for that purpose?
a) We do not have a coat check though we do have coat trees that we bring to the foyer of the ballroom. This way your guest may hang up their coats.
22) Do you have an in-house caterer or a list of “preferred” caterers, or do I need to provide my own?
a) We have a preferred in-house caterer of P.H.A.T. Daddy’s Catering. All out-of-house catering services must be fully certified and Price Creek assesses a 20% facility surcharge.
23) If I hire my own caterer, are kitchen facilities available for them?
a) P.H.A.T. Daddy’s Catering would be the only caterer that would be allowed access to our kitchens.
24) Are tables, linens, chairs, plates, silverware and glassware provided, or will I have to rent them myself or get them through my caterer?
a) We provide tables, crossed back chairs, ivory tablecloths, china plates, silverware, and glassware with your rental.
25) What is the food & beverage cost on a per- person basis? What is the tax and service charge?
a) Average catering cost through P.H.A.T. Daddy’s is $17-23 per person. Any other catering service would be dependent on their pricing and would have a 20% facility surcharge.
26) Can we do a food tasting prior to finalizing our menu selection? If so, is there an additional charge?
a) A tasting through P.H.A.T. Daddy’s is free of charge.
27) Can I bring in a cake from an outside cake maker or must I use a cake made on the premises?
a) You may bring your own cake and dessert, for cake we do ask that it be placed on a sturdy portable surface to be able to transport it.
28) Is there a cake-cutting fee? Do you provide special cake-cutting utensils?
a) There is not a cake cutting fee, we would provide utensils for our staff to cut the cake though you would want to bring in your own cake cutting utensils for photographs.
29) Can I bring my own wine, beer or champagne, and is there a corkage fee if I do? Can I bring in other alcohol?
a) All alcohol has to be purchased through Price Creek, specialty drinks brought in would have a $10 corking fee per bottle.
30) Are you licensed to provide alcohol service?
a) Yes, we hold an Iowa Liquor license.
31) Are there additional charges for bar staff? Is there a bar minimum that must be met before the conclusion of the event?
a) There is no additional charge for neither bar staff nor is there a bar minimum.
32) Are there restrictions on what kind of music I can play, or a time by which the music must end?
a) There are no music restrictions.
33) Can the venue accommodate a DJ or a live band?
a) We can accommodate both, we have plenty of outlets and a built in sound system for a DJ and a stage that a band can set up on.
34) Is there parking on site?
a) Yes, we have over 75 parking spots for your guests.
35) How many restrooms are there?
a) We have two sets of restrooms on the lower level and one set of restrooms on the upper level.
36) Do you offer on-site coordination? If so, what services are included and is there an additional charge for them?
a) Yes, it is included with your rental to have our Event Coordinator available to you on the day of your wedding.
37) Will the coordinator supervise day-of? How much assistance can I get with the setup/ décor?
a) The Event Coordinator will be available to guide vendors and answer questions for family and guests. Set up of decorations will be dependent on you.
38) Does the venue have liability insurance?
a) We do have liability insurance though any damage done to the center would be charged to the bridal couple. As well as we recommend that you purchase event insurance for your wedding day.
39) Can I hire my own vendors (photographer, coordinator, DJ, etc.), or must I select from a preferred vendor list? If I can bring my own, do you have a list of recommended vendors?
a) You may hire your own vendors for your wedding day. Any damage done by the vendors you would be held responsible for.
40) What are the nearest hotels to the venue?
a) There is the Guest House Motel located just across the street from our venue.